Monday, March 24, 2008

green point

2 oz Rittenhouse 100 proof bonded rye
1/2 oz Punt e Mes
1/2 oz Yellow Chartreuse

above recipe from Eastern Standard, Boston.

How odd that I didn't have this drink on this here blog before now! It's one I rather like and proves what a weirdo I am when it comes to rye... I often go for gin instead of brown spirits (y'know, being the fairest sex and all) but for some reason, Rittenhouse 100? Does a girl good.

Another variation of this recipe calls for 1.5 rye, and a dash each of orange and Angostura bitters. We prefer the above.

3 comments:

frederic said...

To confuse things even more, No.9 Park uses green instead of yellow chartreuse in their recipe.

Rudi said...

To confuse things even more, Good Life made one that was basically a Manhattan with green chartreuse.

Unknown said...

I love this drink