Friday, July 25, 2008

slojack

sloe gin
applejack
lemon juice
grenadine

Last night I went to No. 9 Park and picked their new cocktail menu offering which featured the new Plymouth Sloe Gin for Matt to make for me. I did not catch the proportions but the end product was rather well balanced with the lemon juice neutralizing the sweetness in the sloe gin and grenadine. Not sure what the applejack was there for since it lacked any noticeable apple flavor (perhaps Calvados which has 3 times the apple product in it would have altered this). It seemed to be a fusion of a sloe gin fizz with a Savoy Tango cocktail (equal parts sloe gin and applejack).

Overall, I like the sloe gin although it is a bit too sweet for me. It was worth the wait and I am glad the Plymouth started exporting it to the states (and I hope my email to Plymouth a year ago added to the pressure for them to do so).

No comments: