Thursday, July 10, 2008

summer of sureau

1 1/2oz St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1/2oz Batavia Arrack
1/2oz lemon juice
1/4oz pineapple syrup
3 dashes Bittermans Boston Summer Bittahs

Shake over ice and strain into a cocktail glass. *Pineapple syrup: pass fresh pineapple juice through a fine strainer lined with a cone filter (a coffee filter would work, too). Then take the pineapple water and make a syrup that's two parts pineapple water, one part sugar. Recipe: Misty Kalkofen via drinkboston.com.

A. wanted to visit Green Street to try this drink, as Misty had received very high marks with it at a recent St. Germain mixology competition in NYC (and Ben from no9 took the top prize, Boston represent!). I stole a sip and wow, I had to have my very own. This drink is incredibly delicious and well-balanced and light: I know it doesn't resemble my usual rye penchant in the slightest but it is just plain delicious and any serious cocktail-type (or hell, anyone really) would take away some pleasure from the experience of imbibing this drink. I won't even bother trying to describe my impression of the flavor; just go try one!

1 comment:

Barbara West said...

Thanks for the review. You reminded me that I haven't even tried this yet!