Thursday, November 1, 2012

mission bell

1 1/2 oz Pueblo Viejo Reposado Tequila
3/4 oz Kümmel
1 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Agave Syrup (2:1)

Shake with ice and strain into a wine glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.

For my last drink at Kask, I asked Ciaran Wiese for the Mission Bell. I forgot whether I googled it to see if it was related to the Division Bell or the Day Bell, but I found an article in Esquire about the drink itself. It described how the cumin in the kümmel made drink creator Tommy Klus think about Mexican cuisine; from there, he utilized it in a Margarita riff. When I spoke to Tommy right after the Portland-Seattle soccer game during Portland Cocktail Week, he mentioned that he created it for Tales of the Cocktail and the original version included muddled pineapple sage.
The kümmel's cumin and caraway came through on the aroma. The lime sip led into a tequila swallow with a spice finish. Indeed, the kümmel paired well with the lime and the tequila here.

3 comments:

bza said...

I love the idea of kummel and tequila! Do you know what kummel they used?

Dagreb said...

"Since you locked me in some devastated stare."

frederic said...

The kummel came from Cadre Imports.