Friday, July 26, 2013

no. 64

1 oz Del Maguey Mezcal Vida
1 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
2 dash Orange Bitters

Stir with ice and strain into a rocks glass. Twist a lemon peel over the top.
After the Hawthorne, I got dinner in Central Square and continued my meanderings that eventually led me to Hungry Mother where Heather Mojer was tending bar. For a drink, I requested the No. 64 which on paper appeared like a mezcal variation of the classic Bijou; it seemed like a good continuation of the mezcal theme I started at the Hawthorne. The No. 64 began with a lemon and agave aroma. Grape with hints of herbalness filled the sip; the swallow then proffered mezcal followed by the Chartreuse that was softened by the fullness of the Carpano Antica. Indeed, the vegetal flavors of the mezcal complemented the Green Chartreuse quite nicely.

No comments: