Saturday, October 12, 2013

otoño

1 1/2 oz Lustau East India Solera Sherry
1/2 oz Ron Bermudez Aged Rum
3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Vanilla Syrup
1/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a Highball glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a lime slice and add a straw.

Two Mondays after my DJ gig, Andrea and I wandered over to Eastern Standard where Kevin-not-Martin and Seth Freidus were manning the bar. For a libation, my eyes drifted over to the new "Sherry Baby" section of the menu. After discussing my options with Seth, I decided to pick Naomi Levi's fall-themed Otoño as a start and to have one of his Tiki-esque drinks later.
The Otoño began with lime oil aromas with hints of grape. The lime juice and grape pairing continued on into the sip, and the swallow offered rum and nutty sherry flavors along with a growing cinnamon finish.

No comments: