Sunday, January 15, 2017

alto california

2 oz Siembra Azul Blanco Tequila (Avion)
3/4 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
1/2 scant oz Yellow Chartreuse
1/4 tsp Cinnamon Syrup (1/4 oz)

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
After my shift two Sundays ago, I reached for the Death & Co. Cocktail Book for liquid salvation. The recipe that called out to me was Alex Day's 2009 Alta California which reminded me of an agave Alaska-Puritan. I misread the 1/4 tsp and added a full 1/4 oz of cinnamon syrup here, but my latest batch of that syrup is not that potent, so the effect save for the syrup was perhaps similar. In the glass, the Alta California presented agave with herbal notes to the nose. Next, honey and white wine on the sip transitioned into a tequila and lightly herbal swallow with a cinnamon finish.

No comments: