Friday, September 8, 2017

fortune cocktail

1 oz Apple Brandy (Copper & Kings Floodwall)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
1 small handful Mint Leaves (6 leaves)

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and top with Champagne (2 oz Willm Blanc de Blancs). Garnish with a mint leaf.
Two Friday nights ago, I was lured into opening A Spot at the Bar for my evening's nightcap. There, I spotted the apple brandy version of a South Side Royale called the Fortune Cocktail. The recipe was inspired by the Serendipity from the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz Paris; that drink contains Calvados, apple juice, mint, sugar, and Champagne served in a Highball. Once prepared, the Fortune Cocktail gave forth a mint and white grape aroma. Next, a crisp, carbonated lemon sip shared a grape note from the sparkling wine, and the swallow offered a delightful pairing of apple and mint. No great surprises here but I made two rounds of this drink the following night at work; first for one guest seeking something light but crisp, and second for her drinking companion after she had a sip of her friend's.

2 comments:

Alik said...

Wait, this is the exact same cocktail as the Future Cocktail you posted two down.

frederic said...

Wow, nice catch. I think that I checked the blog and I didn't see it since I mis-transcribed it as the Future (although I also called it the Fortune) due to bad handwriting. I also remember being confused when I went to upload a photo and there was already one there. I've left the one from June (and updated the drink names) and updated the photo from this go-around. It seemed so familiar but my blog search didn't match, so I went with it.